On Page Search Engine Optimization Variables Do They Matter?
  • Let's hop into our Net time machine and take a trip. Today we're headed back in time to 2000 in World wide web time, that seems like one hundred years ago. Youre an Search engine optimization expert and you want to create a book on how to get to the top of search engines what do you speak about? Meta tags are undoubtedly on the way out. Hyperlinks support but this is cutting edge stuff not the basis of your book. So you speak about keyword density. You say if you want to get ranked highly for a specific term, you need to have to have that in your title and you need to have it show up towards the top of your web page, and in other components of the page and have your web page be keyword dense for your selected topic. And Im not speaking about 1-3% keyword density 100% keyword density for a word truly worked for some phrases.

Ahh, the memories. The days when keyword density actually mattered.

Back to late 2006. This forceful rank checker tool web site has a myriad of novel lessons for why to recognize it. This elegant high pr backlinks essay has diverse striking warnings for where to acknowledge this idea. Keyword density is dead. DEAD! In truth the query comes up if its even essential what content is in fact on your webpage or if it all depends on hyperlinks.

Lets take some well-known examples initial go to and kind in the word failure. The first outcome youll see is President George W. Bushs bio. Go ahead and look at the page, and inform me how many times the word failure shows up on the web page. Yep zero.

To be fair, lets go back to once again, now kind in waffles. The number 1 result youll see here is John Kerrys internet site. Seo Outsourcing contains more about when to see about it. Go ahead and count the quantity of instances you uncover the word waffles on that web page. Indeed zero once again.

So whats going on right here? The reason George Bushs and John Kerrys site are displaying up so hugely for failure and waffles is because of anchor text. (This specific tactic in fact has a name called GoogleBombing but thats for a different day.) A huge quantity of web sites, have links pointing to George Bushs web site with the word failure in the link.

So what must this inform us initial of all, cease worrying so significantly about completely optimizing your web site and start worrying about what the internet sites linking to you say.

Now I ought to say that getting the keyword you want to rank extremely for in your tag and possessing relevant content material on that web page does certainly support, and if youre targeting a highly competitive word, then youll need to have relevant content material on your page. Nonetheless, dont worry about having precise keyword densities for your pages theyre not helping you, in fact they may be hurting you since the search engines located out that ranking by keyword density was very easily abused so now they really penalize sites that are deemed overoptimized or also keyword dense. Just create naturally and leave it alone thats what the search engines want.

Instead, make confident the hyperlinks pointing to your web site tell your story and say what your web site is about. Alternatively of hyperlinks that say click here, get hyperlinks that say widgets or what ever your site is about.

Before I finish right here, I want to give you my preferred example for Google Bombing. Go to the property web page of This time variety in French military victories and click the Im Feeling Fortunate button. Practically nothing against, the French, but thats hilarious. Click on the French military defeats link for a excellent laugh..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!